Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A weekend in Angola

The Boy Scout Troop took a trip to Angola Indiana. The main activity was going to an Indiana State Park to go tobogganing. I thought this sounded like a great trip and thought I would join Coleton and his troop, boy I am glad I did. I asked John to join us and we had a blast. It was so pretty, so cold and so much fun. All I have to say is "if you are able to go, GO! The boys had fun but we think the adults had more.



The Icicles were awesome. I don't think I have ever seen any so long. I was amazed by them. I thought they were beautiful. The whole scenery was gorgeous. Enjoy the pictures.






The temperature had us wondering if we were going to get to go tobogganing. The park would not open if it was 0 degree or below so we crossed our fingers and our toes hoping it got warm enough to go. The day we left to head to Angola, it was -14 degrees. It did warm up to 7 degrees as you can tell and everyone was happy.







The first trip down for us was great. John and I had 2 other adults Lori and Chris riding with us. Coleton went down with 3 of his scout friends. The last trip down for us Coleton and his group started just a couple seconds ahead of us and we could see that it clocked them going 31 mph and we caught up with them and passed them so we have no clue of how fast were going. We know we were flying and we all were saying "ouch ouch ouch" (the last trip down was a little rough on the hind end)and laughing controllably all the way down
then rolling off the sled at the end. I don't think I will ever forget this trip.







No comments: