Tuesday, June 2, 2009

National Scrapbook Day

I first want to THANK everyone that came to my first NSD event. I had a great time and I think from every ones smiles and laughter they did too. The theme was FUN IN THE SUN and I think I am going to keep that theme from year to year. We all had our scandals on and our summerattire, some had some really cool sun glasses.
One of the games we played was "Ask a question." This game was every time your butt left the seat you have to go to the book to answer the next question. After you answer the question you have to ask a question. I could not believe how many times people tried to get out of this. It was really funny to watch people avoid standing. Some of the questions were "Who is your favorite actor?" "When would you like to live in history?" "Would you eat a worm?" "Have you ever gotten anything stuck up your nose?" "If you were an insect what would you be?" and I think the funniest question was "Are you sick of answering questions yet?" I guess you can tell it was really hard to sit still (especially seeing all the yummy food)


The day was full of laughs. I think everyone did something goofy that day but some of them top the cake. The morning started off with Erin getting lost. When I say lost I don't mean like a little lost, I mean LOST. The poor thing turned onto Salem Ave instead of Haney and ended up in downtown Dayton. When I talked to her on the phone I asked what she was close to and she said "I see 75" then it was "I am next to 5/3 Field" I just about stroked. haha. Well we got her to the church. So she wins the MOST LOST award! Congratulations Erin! The next award goes to Robin and myself. It is the DYSLEXIC award. Robin and I were hanging the back drop for pictures and discovered after hanging it that we had 2 panels backwards misspelling Luau Party. (It cracked us up) The MOST STUFF award goes to Patty. This picture is what is left after 3 trips to her car. Jen B won the BIGGEST MISTAKE award. She taped part of her make and take to a scrap piece of paper. (That story is one of those you had to be there stories but believe me we all laughed until we had tears in our eyes) Kay won the FUNNIEST QUOTE award. She was eating this yummy dip that I made and instead of asking "I need this recipe" she said "I need the dimensions for this dip" (Now that is scrapbooking way to much when you have dimensions on the brain)



All I say about the day is WOW and THANKS for an awesome afternoon. I am really looking forward to next years event!





I want to shout out an extra THANKS to Robin for helping me set up and with the clean up. I truly don't think I could have done it without you. THANK YOU Erin for cutting up all the veggies that saved me tons of time. My last THANKS goes to Paula and Krista (neither could make it :( ) for reserving the church for us. It was perfect.


No comments: