Wednesday, October 14, 2009

October Club Meeting Technique as promised...


OK call me a goof but I have no clue what this technique is called. I was taught how to do it a couple months back at one of my awesome stamping meeting that I am always going to. I fell in love with this technique and I plan on trying it with other color combination and stamp sets. I encourage all of you to try it and email me a picture of your card you made and I will post it on here to share with everyone.
Supplies you are going to need:
Brayer-if you don't have one I am sure you can sponge a the lightest color on as the background.
1 1/4" Circle punch
a piece of post it note paper 3 colors of ink-a light, medium and darker stamp pad
2 daubers
piece of sponge
scrap piece of paper
Whisper white card stock
any other embellishments you might want to add to your card
I first cut Whisper White Card Stock to the size I want that I will be stamping my image on.
Make sure you have a piece of scrap paper under your card stock. Using your Brayer (102395) cover the card stock with the lightest ink color. I used Pale Plum (102732)
Stamp your image onto that covered piece of paper. I am using the tree from the House of Haunts (111574) with Black StazOn (101406) ink

Punch a circle with your 1 1/4" Circle Punch (104403) out of the post it note paper (make sure you have a little bit of sticky on it), this circle is going to be used to make the moon. Place the circle over the tree where ever you want the moon to be.

Take a dauber (102892) and Perfect Plum ink (101437) and dab the ink all around the tree to the edge of the card stock

Do the same thing with the Elegant Eggplant (105210) letting a little bit of the perfect plum showing through

Remove the circle to show the moon.

Tear a piece of the post it note to give it a rough edge to me the clouds over the moon. Squeeze your sponge and get a little bit of Perfect Plum ink on the edge and make the shadow of clouds in the moon areaEmbellish the card as desired

No comments: