Saturday, May 9, 2009

Relay for Life



Our Cub Scout Pack and Boy Scout Troop had a team participating in Northmont's RELAY FOR LIFE (for cancer awareness). I have one word to describe the evening "WOW" OK another word "TOUCHING". To have the pack and troop stand there and salute all the survivors for the survivor lap really gave me goose bumps. My boss Joe Litvin and a friend Mary Jane Maston were two of the survivors that I knew walking in the survivor lap. After the survivor lap ended the boys and I took the track to walk our 1 hour scheduled walk. Coleton found the luminary of Dr Michael Bowers (his eye doctor) that died last year and we had a luminary for Emily (If you are not sure who Emily is, I have a posting about her in my blog) Once the sun had set the luminaries were lit by the boy scouts and again WOW and TOUCHING! The boys and I are really glad we participated in this event and we are really looking forward to doing it again next year.

No comments: